PRE & POST CARE INSTRUCTIONS
What to expect
- 2 weeks Healing Time
- Immediately after the procedure and within the first 7-10 days, your brows will appear significantly darker and more defined than your final look. Up to 30% darker, bolder and more solid than your healed result.
- Under the pigment, the skin may be red. There may be minimal swelling. This will usually settle between days 2-5.
- Days 3-4 Your eyebrows may begin to itch and the pigment may appear somewhat raised. Do not scratch/ pick!
- Days 5-9 The skin will become very dry similar to when a scab is formed, crack and start to peel and flake off. The skin is now starting to shed and will shed evenly if left alone.
- DO NOT PICK, SCRATCH, SCRUB or help the skin to shed in ANY way during this time. This will interfere with the natural healing process of the skin and can adversely impact the quality of the skin in the form of scarring and retention.
- The color under the exfoliating skin will appear very light and day by day the color will come back. Please be patient and give the color a couple of weeks to become
- Days 30-40 Now is the time to critique your brows. Any adjustments can be made at a touch up.
- During this time, expect to feel a range of emotions as your brow will seem to be disappearing underneath the cracking, flaking skin. Do NOT be alarmed. This is normal for healing skin and permanent makeup. It takes the color up to 8 weeks to settle into the skin. Allow several weeks for the color to mature and develop as the skin fully heals.
Brow Pre Care
- Hydrate well with lots of water.
- Do not work out, tan or have a sunburn on the face on the day of the procedure.
- Limit alcohol and caffeine 24 hours before procedure (best to not have any but 1 small cup of coffee is fine if you’re
used to it).
- No Botox for 2 weeks before or after.
- No major facials, fillers, chemical peels, lasers or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks before or after.
- Do not take Aspirin or Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure, however, Tylenol is fine.
- No brow waxing, tweezing or tinting 3 days before the procedure.
- Do not use vitamin A topicals (retin A, retinol, etc.) around the treated area 1 week prior around the treated area.
- Do not take Niacin, Vitamin E or Fish Oil for at least 2 weeks prior.
Brow Post Care:
- Starting immediately after leaving your appointment use the provided cotton rounds, wipe your procedure area well every 30-60 minutes, for a total of 8 times after leaving the appointment.
- Wipe the brows every AM & PM for the first 5 days with a wet cotton ball or cotton round. Dampen it with bottled water, squeeze the excess out and gently wipe.
- Gently apply a rice grain size of ointment to each brow every AM & PM for 10 days. Do not over apply the ointment, as that can suffocate the skin and prolong healing or cause improper healing (think rice grain size). The ointment helps your skin to heal faster and better.
- Allow the natural scabbing process to take place- NO picking, scratching, or assisting in removing the scabs or flaking skin.
- No Botox for 2 weeks.
- No facials, fillers, chemical peels, lasers or microdermabrasion for 4 weeks.
- Avoid excessive sweating, swimming, prolonged showers, saunas, and steam rooms for 14 days; and direct sun exposure or tanning for 4 weeks after the procedure. Wear a hat when outdoors.
- No cleansers, creams, makeup or any other products on treated area for 14 days, unless given by your artist.
- You may start wearing SPF on your brows after all of the flaking has shed.
LONG TERM CARE
THERE IS NO GUARANTEE OF RESULTS as everyone’s result will vary due to skin type, lifestyle and the initial 2 week care and long term care of your brow tattoo.
- Use at least SPF 50 to protect your brows, sun exposure will cause fading and can alter the color of your tattoo.
- Do not use chemical exfoliants on the brows, this will cause the brows to fade faster.
- Do not laser your brow area (IPL etc), some lasers may change the color of the ink. Have your laser technician cover the brows if you plan to do a laser procedure.
- As the tattoo fades the strokes or powder will get fainter and less defined.
- Maintenance is required to maintain desired results. Touch Ups are done on average every 9 – 24 months to maintain your brow tattoo.